The new quick-change system for heavy cutting
The race is won in the pit stop...
The EWS-Varia VX quick-change system is now available across the complete range. The taper/planar support interface ensures maximum concentric accuracy.
The torsional moment occurs with a positive polygon that transfers up to 200 Nm.
Tightening and release takes place via a turn gear segment with 3 multifunctional cams. When a radially-attached tension screw is tightened, the 3-point tension pulls the tool insert evenly into position. When released, the insert is mechanically loosened via sliding cams and released from the holder for removal.
For use in inner cooling, a diametrically-acting membrane seal ensures the leak-free coolant transfer between adapter and VX insert, thus bringing the medium directly to the cutter.
With VX, the Innovation Prize-winning Varia system takes a step towards a new form of modularity, meeting the demands of future tool machining generations and the most modern machining technologies.
- cutting tools are in place and ready at the machine
- quick change via just one clamping point
- no risk of injury during tool changes
- clamping of insets without any lateral forces
- safe torque transmission
- no loose parts
- Varia V3 + VX3 = VDI25 / VDI30 / BMT55
- Varia V4 + VX4 = VDI40 / BMT65
- Varia V5 = VDI50 / VDI60 / BMT75 / BMT85
EWS Download Portal